With Genomic Health’s online physician portal, ordering a test, tracking test progress, and accessing results is convenient and efficient. On the portal:
ORDER WITH EASE
CONFIDENCE IN MANAGEMENT DECISIONS FOR YOUR PATIENTS
- Orders can be submitted online—virtually eliminating the need for follow-up calls to complete missing information.
- All patient orders and reports can be viewed, tracked, and sorted quickly.
- Orders may be viewed online, printed, or downloaded as PDFs.
Contact Customer Service at 866-ONCOTYPE (866-662-6897) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. if you:
- Have questions about the process.
- Are a new user of the online physician portal and do not have a user ID.
- Have forgotten your user ID or password.
- Would like to complete the process offline and need to request a paper requisition form.
Ordering MMR Assay and Colon Recurrence Score test together
You can order the Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score test and MMR test for recurrence risk assessment at the same time by selecting “Sequential Assay” on the Colon Recurrence Score requisition form. The results will be available in one convenient report approximately two weeks from when the specimen is received at Genomic Health.
- If your patient’s stage II sample returns an MMR-P result, the tumor specimen will proceed to Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score testing. Please allow 1-2 additional days for MMR testing.
- If your patient’s stage II sample returns an MMR-D result, no Oncotype DX Colon Recurrence Score test will be performed. The ordering physician will receive an MMR report only.
How to order: Step-by-step instructions (U.S. only)
Ordering an Oncotype DX test and receiving the results is a straightforward process—follow the steps below.
STEP 1 of 4
Get specimen kits
Genomic Health provides a specimen transportation kit box for each patient’s tissue sample. To request specimen transportation kit boxes contact Customer Service at 866-ONCOTYPE (866-662-6897).
Kit orders usually arrive to you within 48 hours.
STEP 2 of 4
Complete requisition form
Our online form is the most efficient way to complete your requisition. Simply log in to the online physician portal. Be sure to provide the appropriate signature and specimen retrieval information.
If you prefer paper requisition forms, they are also available by contacting Customer Service at 866-ONCOTYPE (866-662-6897). When submitting a sample with a paper requisition form, please fill out each section of the form completely. Download an example of a paper requisition form (PDF) including instructions for more details.
STEP 3 of 4
Submit a sample
Genomic Health can work directly with the pathology team (or the treating physician) to obtain a sample.
When submitting a sample for the Colon Recurrence Score test please choose the block with the greatest amount (cross sectional area) of invasive colon carcinoma. The pathology requirements for the Colon Recurrence Score and MMR tests are the same: at least 2mm of invasive adenocarcinoma or mucinous carcinoma that is formalin fixed and embedded in a paraffin block.
Label all specimens with S barcode labels from the Oncotype DX Specimen Collection and Transportation Kit Box for that patient.
Download the pathology guidelines (PDF) for more information.
STEP 4 of 4
Most Colon Recurrence Score results are available within approximately two weeks from the date laboratory processing begins. (Please allow 1-2 additional days for MMR testing.)
You can access the results through the online physician portal or choose to receive the report by fax. Learn more about the results report and how to interpret the results.