From ordering a collection kit to accessing test results, Genomic Health makes the Oncotype DX AR-V7 Nucleus Detect test process as easy as possible.
Getting a collection kit from Genomic Health
To conduct the test, you’ll need an AR-V7 Nucleus Detect test collection kit at your location before you collect a blood sample from your patient. You can request collection kits by contacting your local sales representative or the Customer Service team at 866-ONCOTYPE (866-662-6897). Kit orders are usually processed within a day and received within 48 hours.
Collecting and submitting a sample
The collection kit box includes everything you need to collect a sample and ship it safely to our laboratories. It’s important to remember that there are several steps that need to be completed before and after a patient’s blood sample is collected for the test and specimen transportation process to work properly.
Watch this short video or read the step-by-step instructions below to learn more.
Oncotype DX AR-V7 Nucleus Detect Specimen Collection Kit Instructions
How to prepare for the test, collect a sample, and ship the sample to our laboratories.
Preparing for the test:
- Open the collection kit and remove all of the contents. Do not discard any contents.
- Inspect the contents to ensure there are no broken or expired items.
- Keep all of the contents at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Schedule FedEx to pick up the collection kit on the same day that the sample will be collected.
- Complete the order form and adhere the provided barcode label in the lower right hand corner of the order form.
Collecting the sample:
- Using the included blood tube, collect at least 8mL peripheral blood.
- Immediately invert the tube ten times after the blood draw to prevent clotting.
- Write the patient’s first and last name, DOB, and/or MRN, date and time of collection and phlebotomist initials directly on the tube label.
- Peel tube label off and apply lengthwise on the blood tube. Do not cover any other labels.
- Place the blood tube with the absorbent sleeve back into the conical tube, and replace conical tube cap.
- Place the conical tube into center of canister and replace canister cap.
- Place canister into the collection kit box.
Shipping the sample:
- Place the collection kit box directly into the pre-addressed FedEx Clinical Pak and seal the Pak, store at room temperature pending shipment.
- Ship via FedEx Priority Overnight to:
ATTN: Clinical Laboratory
9381 Judicial Drive, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92121
Accessing test results
Most results are available within two weeks from the date we receive your patient’s sample in our laboratory.
With Genomic Health’s online physician portal , tracking test progress and accessing results is convenient and efficient. Through the portal, results reports may be viewed online, printed, or downloaded as PDFs. You can also receive the results by fax.